Sunday 3 August 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different...

g
So life goes on.

I have left the Guild and now it's time to face the world.

Nearly every Final Year student I have ever met are nervous about graduating. And why not? We all have a logical path to follow in life until graduation. The conveyer belt of education leads us through Nursery, Primary School, Secondary School, Sixth Form, University...

But then the conveyer belt runs out. I was lucky enough to get myself a 'bonus' year at the Guild and put off the real world for a while longer. But now my conveyer belt has run out too.

So what's next?

Well, I had no idea either. Standard gap year? Temp and travel?

But then two Wednesdays ago I was offered a job at Nottingham Students' Union as their RA Development Worker. So I'll be staying in the student movement for a while longer it seems. There's still people to help after all.

So life goes on - and so does the conveyer belt.

I guess I'd be bored if I was standing still :)




The Adventures of Simon Fairbanks continue at www.simonfairbanks.blogspot.com!
g

No comments: