Thursday 13 December 2007

How to Look Good in a Mortarboard

Graduation ceremonies are being held this week for post-graduates and students who did not graduate in the summer. It is tradition for two Guild representatives to be present at each ceremony and therefore myself and Laura attended the Humanities ceremony on Wednesday.

Here is a picture of me in the Guild Presidential robes (see right) complete with mortarboard and the Guild medallion.

It was great to be seeing the ceremony from the other side. Back in July, I was one of the excited Graduands sitting amongst the crowd and hoping my parents didn't scream too loudly when I got my 2.1 (and hoping even more that I didn't trip on the steps when I collected my degree from the Chancellor!)

But this time I attended as a Graduate. Me & Laura were part of the procession, marching down the aisle with the Professors and Chancellors. It was a great experience and I was genuinely proud to be representing the Guild up on the stage, as students received the qualifications for all of their hard work.

However, one thing had not changed since my own ceremony back in July -> I will always have trouble keeping a mortarboard balanced on my head. So when you guys graduate in the summer, remember to bring hair clips. Lots of hair clips :)

No comments: