Monday 18 February 2008

Guild Council -> February

Last Thursday, February Guild Council took place.

It was memorable for a variety of reasons:-

  • It was Valentine's Day.
  • The Referendum was ratified by Guild Council.
  • All motions passed without debate, which shows that Guild Council was united in their support for them.
  • I presented the Building Redevelopment plans.
  • Guild Councillor, Simon Menashy, presented a black and white photo of Guild Council from several decades ago.
  • I had provided Guild Council with two chocolate fountains!
I was also commended for my campaigning work during the Referendum for which I continue to be grateful so thank you Guild Council. I will frame the certificate and put it on my office wall to remind myself to campaign just as hard to engage students for the Exec Elections.

Lastly, there was some concern that FOCSOC's RA bye-election results were not included in my Elections Committee report. I have discovered that this is because we do not know how many FOCSOC members exist, therefore we cannot calculate what percentage of them voted in the election.

Nevertheless, we know twenty-six FOCSOC members voted, which is more than twice the number of members who voted last time. Therefore, FOCSOC should be commended for such a high increase in their voter turnout.

All in all, it was another memorable Guild Council. Thank you to all who attended.

No comments: