Friday 11 July 2008

The Students Have Left The Building

d
The year officially ended for our students on Friday 20th June when results were announced and sad farewells were exchanged.

I had to accompany my housemate to get her results because she was physically shaking with nerves and it reminded me so much of the intensity of my own results day the year before!

The last day of the year - and particularly the last day of University ever! - is always an emotional whirlwind and there was much crying at Fab N Friday in the evening. It was particularly strange for me because I had already lived through my last ever week of University once already and my Exec 'bonus' year has now put me through another one.

But once again, I felt a bit numb to it all. Last year, I knew I had another year to go as an Exec Officer. Whereas this year, I finally feel ready to leave, as the Exec year has eased me out of mainstream University life.

So it was a strange day!

But even more strange will be July. The Guild is only open 9am-5pm, Selly Oak becomes a ghost town (see picture) and campus is practically deserted. The students have left the building!

Nevertheless, I'm still here in office until 1st August so I'll continue to blog. I seriously doubt anyone is reading anymore...

...but that's never stopped me before!
h

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading!!!!!